Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Name Dialing in Contact Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUCHIMAMA

Programmer
Jan 25, 2004
US
Here is the scenario currently BCM400 4.0

Incoming calls to the main customer service line are answered by the CC. If no agents are logged in they get a normal greeting on the main menu of the CCR tree to dial extension or press "3" to go to their customer service in Vegas.

Here is the issue now they want to have name dialing. Our customer has re-recorded the CCR Meno "0" greeting to indicate to dial your party by last name press the "#" key. It does not work. We went to look at it and sure enough you can not dial somebody by pressing "#" no matter how many times you press "#" still nothing.

So my question is why won't name dialing work when answer by the CCR tree?

Support Our Troops

I believe the # option is only valid in an auto attendant before the CCR tree is invoked.

You could change the skillset to overflow to an auto attendant, have your greeting there (thanks for calling blah blah blah, press # to dial by name), then have the CCR tree assigned to that auto attendant.

For some reason though I think that something didn't work properly when overflowing to an auto attendant greeting table from a ACD queue, and that the only way to make it work was overflowing to a CCR tree. Its been a while and I don't remember exactly. That may have been in an older release.

I had never noticed it working that way before. It would be a good thing for you to setup in the lab and test.

We have always programmed them like this:

First record an auto-attendant greeting that says "thanks for calling...press # for a company directory"

Then in the CCR record just your CCR greeting. "For sales press 1, for service press 2...."

I have never had that complaint. I did a quick test on our system and did not notice the problem you are reporting but this is really something that should be setup in the lab to see if you can make it repeat.

biv343 you are correct the overflow rule I can only get to work with the CCR. AA will not work.

They have to be answered by the Contact Center. They have several folks that are responsible for answer customer service calls and CC is the only choice I see. They want the ability to only answer calls when they want. So the cc agent scenario works quite well.

They now want to dial by name when no agents are logged in. For early mornings or late evenings when they are closed.

Seems kinda crazy that "#" for name dialing is only allowed through the AA.

Support Our Troops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back