Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

name confilcts with existing module...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseyboy

Technical User
Mar 7, 2002
US
I have 10 pc's that have been using a database stored on the server for months! NO PROBLEMS

Today: Phone call say 9 of the ten get project library errors when trying to access forms. One person is still able to use it??!!?? What the...

I took the user (over the phone)to the Tools||Reference window and the MF Office file is missing..
She browsed to the file and tried to reassociate it, but the following message appears:
Microsoft Visual Basic Name Conflicts with an existing Module, Project or Object Library.

I haven't had any problems of this type to deal with and they really need an answer (as you may have guessed)

Thank for any suggestions JerseyBoy
Remember: self-praise is no recommendation

That error occurs whenever two libraries of the same type are selected. For instance; Microsoft 8.0 Object Library and Microsoft 10.0 Object Library. Look for a duplicate like this and deselect one.

-------------------------------------
scking@arinc.com
Try to resolve problems independently
Then seek help among peers or experts
But TEST recommended solutions

SCKING,
Thanks for the info, now I may have some clue as to the problem going in...the only thing unordinary is that I have a local tekki on site that copied the referece library files that I left over again into her system folder.. is it possible that this could have created the problem? If so, why is are 9 of 10 users experiencing the same thing?
JerseyBoy

It will happen in cases where the reference library configuration of each computer is not exactly the same. If I created an application that uses Microsoft Outlook 10.0 Ojbject Library and the registry had it registered at a specific location it will look for the exact same library in exactly the same location. The duplicate references to the same type libraries is comfusing unless someone maybe even reregistered the same libaries. Don't know really. You are probably the only one who could troubleshoot what causes a problem.
scking@arinc.com
Try to resolve problems independently
Then seek help among peers or experts
But TEST recommended solutions

Hi, when I run into goofy problems such as this, I have found that the Access Container can be corrupted. To solve this, I open a brand new empty database, import all of the objects from the corrupted database into the new database, relink any tables that need it, reset all references that are required, and then Compile it all to make sure that it all works. This process, though something of a bear, has taken care of many situations such as this.

Neal Miller
neal@milsys.com Neal Miller
President
Miller Systems, Inc.
(708) 479-0085

I did just that... I had a pristine (white snow and all that) shell and imported all of the tables in and whalla! it worked!

I am concerned though about the WHY aspect. What happens if after all these months they call twice a week and tell me it happened again. This is a group that STILL doesn't have the first office service pack installed. I fear that my not choosing clients wisely will possibly come back to bite me. I suppose I could bill them, but if it were me and I were paying, I would want an answer. (forgive my ramblings)

Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions, this place still continues to be the best resource. JerseyBoy

I did just that... I had a pristine (white snow and all that) shell and imported all of the tables in and whalla! it worked!

I am concerned though about the WHY aspect. I will look and see if the "new" office xp install is the culprit. What happens if after all these months they call twice a week and tell me it happened again. This is a group that STILL doesn't have the first office service pack installed. I fear that my not choosing clients wisely will possibly come back to bite me. I suppose I could bill them, but if it were me and I were paying, I would want an answer. (forgive my ramblings)

Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions, this place still continues to be the best resource. JerseyBoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back