Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nam won`t show in display

Status
Not open for further replies.

eppeboy

Programmer
Oct 25, 2013
NO
We are installing 1608 and 1616 IP phones on a IP-Office 500v2 (9.0.400.137)
where the name doesn`t appear in the display.
Display Name Preference is ticked in the system config, but the name doesn`t show in the display.
One can manually set this funksion on the set, but it won`t appear automaticly.

What can be the problem?

Espen

You can control that through the phone's own menus. Select Features | Phone User | Phone Screen Settings | Display Name.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

It won't do it globally for all extns..I have tried this on different systems and it does not work..

I really don't understand why it's there

You have to do it manually for each extn as you have stated..

You don't know man. You weren't there.

Config setting ticking name is to favour the name over the directory for incoming. Set it in the features menu. Once you've done 5 you can do it as a muscle memory.

Are you keeping up with the Commodore? Because the Commodore is keeping up with you.

It won't do it globally for all extns..." Of course not, it's my phone and I know my own name, I don't want some silly admin overriding my phone to tell me my name. ;) So its a per phone user selectable option.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back