Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM with R1T1 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmpp

Vendor
Feb 25, 2012
US
Replaced a NAM 4.1 on a MICS Ox32 with R1T1 software. They have DID's to most all extensions and the main number is answered by by the receptionist only.
All of the mailboxes work and calls are sent to them if called on their DID and not answered.
I was told that awhile before the NAM gave out the customer changed their carrier for the T-1 service and the voice mail did not work properly in regard to
answering calls and night service mode. I am trying to figure out how their main line comes in T-1 circuit DID or? so I can assign to the voicemail for answering during day and night mode.
Thanks for any help.

If the lines ring at reception then look at that set in programming to see what Target Line is assigned.
or
Look for Target Lines which is is what points the DID's to the stations.
A good tech will program at least part of the DID so it's easier to find the one your after.

Tell NAM to answer that Target Line in AA/Lines

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I checked to see what lines were assigned to the reception phone and they are 121, 181, 226, 228, 229 and made sure they were assigned to be answered
by the NAM but did not work. I checked the DID list and found their main number on target line 198, I added that line to be answered by the NAM but did not answer?
I have one of their numbers programmed as a back door line for their employees and that works fine as far as answering with their company greeting and able to select extensions etc. so I know the NAM does work in that way.

In Target Lines what is the Prime Set for 198?

-It's odd that the main line DID is not the very first Target Line (but not mandatory)
-Does it say Prime 198 on the display when it rings? since it's not assigned to A&P on reception set I gather just Prime Set is handling the call.

Maybe erase the Received digits on 198 and re-program to another DID.

Maybe reboots are in order too.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Target line 121 is not the main number and is set to ring only, there is no line display on incoming call.
I will check on other things when I go back.
Thanks very much for your help.

Went back out to this site and did a NAM reboot.
Right mow the system is answered by the GD mailbox as a message center, I checked on inbound ringing lines and the display says line 003 through 013 randomly.
I assigned lines 001 through 023 on the voice mail to answer yes. table one, rings 5. Table one has a greeting attached to it but system is still answered by
the GD mailbox and the attendant phone 500 has none assigned to forward ring no answer and busy.
Also changed their main line to a new target line prime set 500 and made it ring only on reception phone.

I assigned lines 001 through 023 on the voice mail to answer yes."
Those are T1 lines/circuit.

You need to tell AA to answer the Target Lines not the T1 lines.

Target Lines are what directs calls to devices.
In the case of Voice Mail you do not direct to vmail DN, instead you tell AA to answer the target line.

-Fix AA/lines and undo what you did and have AA answer only the new target
-Make the new Target Line "Prime Set" = None
-Make your new Target Line "Private" to Receptions DN
-Change the Target Line back to Public from Private
-Remove the Target Line from Reception

Test

Changing it to Private will remove the Target Line from any set that had it assigned....better than going into every set one at a time to see if it's assigned.
Example: If you had Target XXX assigned to Ring Only at 500 and also 505 but 505 has it's phone forwarded to voice mail but there is no mailbox behind it then it will default to General Mailbox.

So making it Private will remove conflicts that some other DN (or DN's) are causing.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for the info it will be a few days before I can get back out there.
In your last item on the list of things to do you say to remove the target line from reception?
I thought the target line for their main number needed to be assigned to ring only at the reception phone for answering?

Sorry I got lost on what you want in the end.

If you want AA as a backup to reception and a night service mode then:

-Fix AA/lines and undo what you did and have AA answer only the new target line after 5 rings
-Make your new Target Line "Private" to Receptions DN
-If using "Ring Only" then program X amount of Appearances (if they have 3 intercom keys then use 3 appearances)
-Change the Target Line back to Public from Private (Optional in case you need to assign to another set)
-Make the new Target Line "Prime Set" = 221 (Receptions DN)
-Program Service Modes to answer the Target Line after hours

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Reprogrammed all target lines as needed and line assignments to reception.
Changed their main number to target line 121 and got rid of old programming, made 121 private to reception and changed back to public.
Assigned target line 121 to reception for ring only.
Main line is now answered by voice mail and night mode works after some changes.
Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back