Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM Voice Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldphoneguy62

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2006
US
I have a customer with a MICS 6.1 software and NAM voice mail. About 30% of the time their AA does not answer the incoming calls. I have checked to make sure all lines on the PRI are set for auto answer. The PRI is the only lines in the system. The problem seems to be worse afterhours (early morning) Does anyone have any suggestions?

6.1..what release???? lotsa issues for PRI..VM what release???? ..needs to be 4.1 for the nam..Any alarms or error codes in logs????

From I&M Manual on 50-7

Alarm: 50-X
1. Check that there is a device connected to the Station
Module, which has a port number beginning with a
number from three to eight.
2. If there are no devices connected to the Station Module,
connect one and then press CLEAR.
3. If there are any devices connected to the Station Module,
check all the wiring associated with the devices.

I figured out the problem. The system was origanally a 4 port system. Someone entered the wrong keycodes to activate 2 more ports. However, they enabled the ports. Since the system started recieving calls on port 6 first, you would see the problem more after hours. Got the correct keycodes for the 2 additional ports entered them, reset the sytem and it works great......Thanks everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back