Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM Version required for MICS 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcisar

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2002
CA
Have a client that wants to upgrade their MICS to 7.1. Will version 4.0 (somehow 4.04c randomly pops into my mind at this point, but I know its 4.0 something :) on their NAM be compatible, or does that need to be upgraded to 4.1?

Regards,
Mike

Get rid of the name and have them purchase a CallPilot system. Much easier to work with, and NAM's are EOL/EOS. I hear a lot of talk about NAM's in this forum and just don't get it.

You can get CallPilot for next to nothing now. Go to Metrolinedirect.com for the best deals on Norstar gear.

Also, I do not think 7.X is compatible with NAM's.

cook1082 is correct
NAM 4.1/6.0 is compatible with MICS7.1

there is no mailbox licensing on th NAM - thats one of the main reasons it is in use

Nams are great. More features for a 3rd of the cost. At least the last time i looked they are asking big dollars even for a small 10 mailbox Call pilot. Than Nams are just big n bulky. and the Nam 4.1 is compatible with all Norstar software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back