Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nam Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontworx

Technical User
Apr 9, 2003
US
I hate to sound like an idiot, but I feel like one. I have to upgrade a NAM from 4.0 to 4.1 and need the procededures. I have been searching around with no luck and I am getting short on time. Any healp would be greatly appreciated. I have not done this for abou 5 years and have forgot.

The easiest(and Cheapest) way would be to do a Drive swap.

I dont have a drive to swap. My office bought a cd rom and 2 floppies

Looks like I am going to need an external hard drive.

Presumably, the exising machine has enough memory (if it's 4.0 now, you're probably ok), you need a cd backpack, Nortels boot floppy, and the 4.1 cd load. It's been awhile, but you may need keycodes in the procedure.

Has anyone heard of the upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 via floppies?

sounds like you have the right parts-but like gforce, you need the back-pack cdrom, maybe a keyboard and monitor. i would love to buy that upgrade. i can't find one.

You need a Backpack, the 4.1 upgrade CD, and a boot disk which you can create from the upgrade CD. Just power off the NAM, attach the Backpack with the CD, insert the boot floppy and power on. If all goes well you'll hear a series of ascending tones after 10-15 minutes. If you hear descending tones then you need an upgrade keycode, which is not available from Nortel anymore.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back