Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM replacement 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmpp

Vendor
Feb 25, 2012
US
I replaced a NAM on 0x32 and installed the data from backup disks to the replacement NAM and all data seems to be there.
Now when you call in and the attendant transfers the call to an extension the phone rings 4 times and then the main greeting plays if the call is not answered and does
not go into the mailbox also if the system is in night mode and the caller keys in an extension number it rings 4 times and prompts the caller to enter the extension number again rings 4 times and again prompts the caller to enter the extension number.
If you call between extensions and is not answered the call does go to VM box, the attendant can send calls using feature 986 and the call goes straight into the mailbox as it should.
NAM 4.0 software XC 6.i FC
Not sure what I am missing.
Thanks

Also the old NAM I replaced was a 4.1 model.

You need the Redirect DN patch

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Okay Thanks.
How would go about installing it on the NAM?

The NAM I replaced was a 4.1, maybe the problem is I restored to a 4.0?
Maybe if I get a 4.1 and restore the data to it, it will work?
Should't the 4.1 already have redirect DN in it?
Thanks

Protocol is you replace something with the same to avoid restore or compatibility issues so this is why I presumed it was a 4.0.
Your best to ask somebody for advice before you purchase and replace if you are not knowing what you are doing.
And please post the proper details when posting so time and replies are not wasted.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

If you read my second post I stated the original NAM was 4.1.
If I could have gotten hold of a 4.1 I would have, I needed it fast.
For the most part I do know what I am doing and I did ask about this and was advised incorrectly.
That's why I tried here, but you still did not answer my question if a 4.1 would have Redirect DN already on it.
I not sure why I got this snippy reply from you?

Sorry your right, I did not see that post for some reason, and that was made clear I guess in my "Unzip the file" post followed by your nonchalant post that did not indicate you had already mentioned it.

As for "snippy" I guess I should probably bow out of this thread.

I was not here!!

[jester]

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I think you are right maybe you should bow out, reading these questions thoroughly is half the battle. I mentioned the original NAM was a 4.1 twice.
Maybe you might want to come down from your high horse and stop berating people as to their knowledge.
Thanks anyway

I have not berated you for lack of knowledge at all.
I also apologized for missing the first post.....happens at my age.
Coming back with a high horse comment was not required.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Okay, I'll give you the last word.

4.1 does have redirect toggle available.

If you are using a MICS 5.0 you will need to toggle it.

Marv ccna

Replaced the VM with a 4.1 which I should have done originally but got in a hurry for the customer, live and learn.
All is fine.
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back