Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM Prelude Night issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I have NAM running Prelude ACD software. Whatever routing steps we put into the night ACD routing fails. We want calls to go to a mailbox. Instead we get music on hold and then a disconnect. Nothing works at all. I haven't tried a reboot as this unit is 11 yrs old and a little sketchy. Is there any ideas on how to get it back working properly. Is this a data corruption issue?

What do you have programmed for night?

it's been a while since I did prelude but we need a bit more info on what is currently programmed so we have a chance to see what is happening to you.

----------------------------
'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Did you setup Night routing hours?
And after you made your changes did you update your configuration then activate changes?
This is key - you can make changes, but until you update and activate, it will not work.

1. my night routing is Transfer to VMAIL box 230

I cleared out all my night routing and changed it to transfer to an extension but that did not work either. All we get is music on hold as if you are in a queue. Even if I put in a forced announcement, I get music on hold as if in queue.

2. Yes I update the configuration each and every time.

I advised a reboot but mentioned that it's 11 yrs old and may not come back after a reboot. So a reboot is an option but....you never know.

I do have an extension 230 which is an ACD agent. I could leave the routing in DAY mode all the time and 230 logged in all the time and then just fwd 230 to VM only at night? That may be my solution! I will try that out.

make sure everyone logs out of the Que at night. Even if the system is in the correct time for night , if an agent is logged in, it still tries to send to the agent.

I think you may have something with 230. you probably need to have the mailbox assigned to an extension for night, it sounds like the prelude is trying to transfer and is getting lost.

If you have a SMDR-6 hook it up and set it to show all calls (norstar all format) this will tell you the progress of a call, ring, answer hold etc.

'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back