Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nam password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mass1954

Technical User
Apr 6, 2004
CA
I just got a new customer who inherited an older Mics with T1(the original) software, and a 4- port copper Nam. I wiped out the info on the voicemail,and pperformed a startup, now I can not get anywhere with F983. "Password invalid".I was able to get into F983 b4 I initialized the system.Tried the F985...9 thing, and no go. Need help on this one guys...Mike

1.1st performed startup on Mics R1T1 Ksu
I was able to access f983, then perforfomed a reset on the Nam to factory settings.(reinstall)
f983 is asking for a password.
2. The config password is 266344.
3. I hooked the Nam up to a different Ksu in my lab.Same software(R1T1)
4. Ya, f916 threw me for a loop,cause f915 was the "f" code that was working b4.

Could this scenerio indicate a flakey hard drive?

I don't know that you've answered this yet, but what version is the NAM? And what are you getting when you press f983, invalid?

Louie Roldan

this scenario does NOT indicate a flakey hard drive.
first, you did the resets "backwards" if you are about to reset both the telephone system and the voice mail do the reset on the voicemail first and don't reinitialize it.
second, if I am reading this correctly, you did a **startup on the telephone system, if there is no fibre expansion card in the ksu it will come up as a 2 digit dn, you then did a reinstall on the nam on the telephone system you just restart as two digits, you then did a f983 with the password and initialized the nam (on the system with a two digit dn) you then moved the nam into the lab on a system with a three digit dn. change the lab system to two digits and try again.

feature 916...
on your lab system you previously had a nam on there, you didn't do the proper shut down/didn't remove the feature codes using **xftest. when you powered up the nam you are currently working on it recognized the new system and that f915 was taken by another nam. this nam will now and forever have to use f916 to enter access. the next nam you plug into that system unless you remove the feature codes first/perform a proper shut down will have f917 as the access feature.

just to be clear, this is not an equipment problem, you have dug your self into a little hole that can be reversed. in your previous posts you did state the mailboxes were two digits. that indicates the nam was initialized at two digits. set this nam up on a phone system with two digits and enter a 6 digit login as opposed to the 7 digit login you would use on a system with a three digit dn.
confused yet??

Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but seeing one tumble down the stairs makes you smile!

I performed a stratup on the ksu and it came up 2 digit. Plugged the Nam in, it came up no problem. Did a F983 120000..."not allowed" This Nam is really starting to get to me...Mike

try the features for acd feature 9901,902,903....maybe you have a ACD not a vm

ski season has started

You need a monitor and keyboard / mouse attached to see what is being loaded. Can you do a F901 if it's asking for password it may be the system (ACD) EMERGENCY login for
ACD function

Take the NAM outside,lay it on the ground, & flap your arms like a chicken while going around the NAM in a circle 3 times.

Then take it back inside & try hooking it up again.

I cannot promise it will fix your problem but it can't hurt at this point.

Send PICS

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

sphoneman, would that be clockwise, or counter clockwise?? I'll have to try that next time....

when you get the "not allowed" prompt are you trying from a 7310 or 7324 set? the only "not allowed" prompt I am aware of is when you try and program from a 7208 set and even then it is only after dialing f983

Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but seeing one tumble down the stairs makes you smile!

Xftest is ok. F9*1 is ok. F983...invalid password. I am working with 2 digets. Reboot...reboot...reboot.Bottom line is I can not get into F983. Did the F985 "9" to reset password many times.The Atdt.in f982 is stuck at 2 digits. TOTAL FRUSTRATION...Mike

Were you able to get into your now F916 with the default password for that function?

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

You're getting Invalid password at feature 983? When you press F983 do you get Log or Password? If you get password, you need to enter the config password.

Louie Roldan

916...ok with default password. F983 I get the log prompt.

i like the kill a chicken and drip its warm blood all over the nam... 2 six packs of coors lite and a gallon of tequila...pics are a must

ski season has started

Beginning to think this Nam is corrupt. If anybody disagrees, Please let me know...Mike

I don't think the nam is corrupt

so, one step at a time....

you shut the system down using f 916

you go into **xftest and remove any inactive feature codes

you verify the dn length on your system by dialing f*0+intercom

you power up the nam and wait for it to "sing"

you go into **xftest and list active feature codes
you go into 9*1 and list the active feature codes

try accessing the general delivery mbox (f980 mbox 10)

try initializing the general mbox (f981 log: 10 0000)

try initializing the administrator mbox 12 0000
*IMPORTANT* make note of the new password

try f983 12 (plus your new password)

please answer each of the questions.... Thanks

Westcoaster:

you shut the system down using f 916..."ok"

you go into **xftest and remove any inactive feature codes..."there were no "inactive" codes."

you verify the dn length on your system by dialing f*0+intercom..."2-digets"

you power up the nam and wait for it to "sing"..."OK"

you go into **xftest and list active feature codes..."All OK."
you go into 9*1 and list the active feature codes..."All OK"

try accessing the general delivery mbox (f980 mbox 10)..."Invalid"

try initializing the general mbox (f981 log: 10 0000)..."Invalid"
try initializing the administrator mbox 12 0000
*IMPORTANT* make note of the new password..."Can not continue."

try f983 12 (plus your new password)..." can't get into F983"

please answer each of the questions.... Thanks

Thru F980, I can see 22 names in the directory. Some I could leave a message and some said "can not continue"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back