Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nam password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mass1954

Technical User
Apr 6, 2004
CA
I just got a new customer who inherited an older Mics with T1(the original) software, and a 4- port copper Nam. I wiped out the info on the voicemail,and pperformed a startup, now I can not get anywhere with F983. "Password invalid".I was able to get into F983 b4 I initialized the system.Tried the F985...9 thing, and no go. Need help on this one guys...Mike

mass1954,
After you did the reinstall on the NAM you should have to enter 266344 and this will let you setup the NAM with the language and the Glists and a few other things and it will configure and then you use the F 983. It should be ready to go.You can then reprogram it.
Dmac,

I did that...F983... 266344 (config) and it did not work.I have done this many times b4. I'm stumped.

Yes I did.And rebooted more than once.

from what you are saying ...you did a startup on ksu and now you cant get into mail ...what is you dn length on ksu...did it get changed to 2 digit from 3 ..or did you maybe go versa visa

ski season has started

The F983 - Pswd 266344 will only work if the installer Pswd is 266344 otherwise to Initialise: F983 then the same Pswd that you would use after **266344 on the MICS.

It stayed at 3 digits after startup. And F983 266344 will not work. It wants a password, and nothing I enter will work. And like I said, when I do a F985 "9" and tell it to reset the password and it doesn't.

WHAT?
if you are able to do a f985-9, then you have not re-installed. If it was looking for the config password, feat985 would bring up "inactive".

You need to enter the sysadmin mbx password or call a vendor.
I doubt you "have done this many times b4" as you say.

i think hes gone..original post stated t1 software assume he means r1t1

ski season has started

hmm let me try a crack at this.

Shut off your VM.. run your XFtest, because if you have the NAM on you can remove the darn feature codes, reboot the NAM, then do a feature 9*1, this will tell you all the feature codes being used by the NAM. If the Sys Coor access is another code, use that to prog. If you still cant get into the NAM... Tell your customer to call his vendor.

Nam555

Yes it is the R1T1 software. I am going back there today and I will make another attempt to bring this puppy up.

No luck. I do f983 1020000, invalid. Try a reset sys pasword and it won't reset.Strange thing though, in f982 where it asks for the ext for the operator, it will only take 2 digets. Took the Nam back to the shop and will try and figure out why this thing is giving me such a hard time.Any other ideas will certainly help...Mike

did you try all combo's:
12xxxx (especially this one- if it is only taking 2 digits)
102xxxx
1002xxxx
etc

Yes...everything.I'm almost at the point where, if there is some kind of battery in the nam...SHORT...SHORT...SHORT!

take the nam and place it on a system with two digit dn's and then try your f983 it should work then.....

Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but seeing one tumble down the stairs makes you smile!

Tried the 2 diget thing....no go.f980...981...982...985...all ok.No f983...Another strange feature code that came up was f916, which works the same as f915...hmmm.

1. Can you tell us how you wiped out everything?
And to verify is F983 is asking you for Password or Log?

2. Log= 120000
or Password= 266344 (nothing to do with Config on KSU as nortechie suggested)

3. When you tried the 2 digit thing did you try it on the existing KSU or another one?

4. F915 sometimes rides on 916, 917 or 918 instead of 915.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back