Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM not talking to MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelquin

Technical User
Jul 4, 2007
US
I have a customer with a Rel01 V3G Fiber NAM. I stopped working a few days ago. When trying to acess the feature codes it says feature unavailable. I rebooted it and it beeped a couple of times then ran through some codes on the display. After a few minutes the display read 00 with a green dots in the upper corners. The hard drive light flashes like it is working. When I pull off the fiber cord at the combo card there no light coming from the NAM. When I pull off the fiber cable at the NAM I see light on one of fiber ends. I rolled the the fiber cable and the light from the MICS works on both ends. I switch out the fiber card in the NAM and still no light from the NAM. On the MICS port status it says unequiped for the V-mail ports. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help!

I miss placed my code sheet......one of the guys here has it, I'm sure. The led display codes are important.......write them down. Most likely a hard drive going Kaputski. Code '7F', if I remember right, is hard drive all done. After about 3-5 minutes, do you get 5 ascending tones from the NAM?

no tones after 5-10 minutes. If the hard drive dies, does it affect the fiber output on the NAM? I"ve seen NAMs with hard drive. It usually stops with an error code. The weird thing is that the HD lights up and I can hear it spinning when booting up.

Without the codes (and even with them sometimes) it's hard to know exactly what's going on. Hard drive may be spinning, but have bad sectors. Connect a terminal and do a 'chkdsk'. Copy and paste results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back