Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephoneboy

Technical User
Dec 24, 2002
US
Just bought and installed a new NAM. All works great. But I need to set the COS to unlimited password expire. I no I need to use Norstar Manager and all that. But, does a brand new system come with a internal Modem as the sales person told me? If so how to you access it? If not, Is it a big deal to install one? Or is it a big deal to installa NIC Card? Or is there another way to set password expire to unlimited? Sorry I am flusterd that they make such a big effort to make this difficult. Or maybe I am not getting enough sleep.

Appreciate any help? Thanks, Thephoneboy thephoneboy

you need to do Feature 915, password is access2(2223772). Now here is where my memory is a little fuzzy, you either press "Next" til you get to modem or press "Admin" then next til you get to modem. Sorry I can't remember all the details, maybe somebody will help me out here, but at that point you need to add a virtual modem. You'll be prompted for a password that password is modemneeded (66336633333)the NAM will tell you what the modem extension is. when you dial in you'll need to have sombody transfer you to that ext. or call a line that is answered by AA and have that ext. in your dialing string after a few pauses of course. If somebody can get more detailed PLEASE help me, it's been awhile since I've done this as you can see. This should at least get you started in the right direction.
Good Luck

go to F915, pswd is access2 hit next till you see Modem.. change this to virtual.. your pswd is Modemneeded... then reboot the NAM.. after the NAM comes back up.. go back into F915.. hit next till you see Modem DN... hit show... this will show the modem's extension.. then hit line to pickup a target line or a POTS line...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back