Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM Misc.Exts Picking Up Instead of AA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2010
US
MICS 7.0 NAM 4.1. New install with 2 AA CCR's. AA answers on all calls all the time 2nd ring.

Sometimes different exts private voicemail boxes are answering the incomming lines. It happens at different times and different exts.

I have had that happen before but only when the ring count on the ext. were not set high enough but this install has the AA answer answer all calls and none of the CO lines ever ring on any set except for the test set in the telcomroom.

Check which mode you are in, and time and date and year especially.

Set the AA too 0 rings and see what happens, if that works you may have to check programming on aall sets and make sure any phones that do have ringing make sure they are not call forwarded to voice mail.

Service modes are OFF.

All calls are answered by the AA and never ring at any set unless they dial an ext. or selector code.

I was testing tonight and Ext-307 did answer. I tried to reproduce the error by calling in the same line ( 8 line hunt group ) but then the AA did answer properly.

I did turn off DRT because the calls ringing in on the test set in the comcloset was set to ring ext-200 if there was no answer. I also disables CFNA on the test set as well.
I have never had this happen before. NAM 4.1 always works great so it must be something in the MICS 7.0. I am usually working with MICS 6.1 or lower most of the time. Not much work with 7.0. ANy problmes with 7.0?

Well I just called in at randon on the mai number and it just happened to me and this time it was a different extension ext-304 instead of 307. This has happened in the 200 ext. range as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back