Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nam 8, but only one port answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnsincomminc

Technical User
Apr 15, 2003
US
I have a client that has a MICS 4.1 30NcG04 NAT, and a NAM 8 4.0.04a. The NAM is co-resident VMail/Chinphony ACD. The only port that answers is the first port. I have checked in MAINT and it shows all ports idle. In ACCESS 2 it shows 16 ports avail. I have set the min/max settings to:
Voicemail min-8 max-16
ACD min-8 max-16

I also changed the min for both to two and I get the same result.

If I call each of the DN's directly, the first one answers and prompts me for my password. The other seven connect, then disconnect and the display goes back to the time and date.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Dan Schollian

In ACCESS 2 it shows 16 ports avail

I pressume you mean active and not available:
Active: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Available: A A A A A A A A A A A A A A
In use: C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C

I say reboot system?.

You can only access the NAM through the pilot (ftr 985) DN. So, not having the other ports not answer is normal.

I would eliminate ACD for testing. Make it max 1 min 1. Then give 4 min and max to vmail, reboot, and test.

I'm guessing since it's basically non-functional, you can do this during business hours.

Yes it show all 16 ports with .......

I set the acd to min 1, max 1
Set the vmail to min 4, max 16

Same result

Set the min/max to 15/15

Same result

I can never get more than 2 calls in the system at one time, via feature 981, or by dialing the lead Dn for the voice mail.

Any ither thoughts?

Dan Schollian

With ftr 915 you can monitor real time. While watching that display, pump some calls in. Is it always the 1st channel that answers, what happens, (audibly and displaywise) on the 2nd call?

If it shows 16 channels then there is a MSPEC card installed, which is normal when using ACD. I'd assume 8 ports are allocated to the ACD and up to 8 for voicemail. Login to F983 and then dial 44 to see how many active voicemail ports you have.

Do you have a monitor, keyboard and mouse connected to the NAM? You can root around with those to look at the ACD programming and maybe get a clue as to what the problem is.

Brian Cox

If you've got 16 channels on it, then the min of one setting, plus the max of the other setting should equal 16.

Eg:
VM min= 4, max=12

ACD min=4, max=12

The system will reserve the min number of channels for the specific operation, so overuse of one doesn't disable the function of the other.

I don't know if this is causing the trouble you're having, but it's something to check.

Curly
Yes I have rebooted the unit a dozen or so times.

Exs
F983/44 shows 16 ports, I have check around the ACD programming, but nothing sticks out.

I wonder if the MSPEC card could be bad. If I were to remove the card would it reduce it to a 1 port 2 channel. I have another card that I could use.

Rik
I have changed the min/max settings to different settings and get the same response no matter what they are set at.

Thanks for the ideas.

Dan Schollian

4.1 mics needs to be 4.1 nam.We all admit it works but it not compatible on paper and it may be the issue

6.0 requires 4.1 on the NAM.....4.0 can be used up tp 5.0.

I wonder if restoring the Sekur file would kick start those ports again.
I think you hear one beep for every 2 channels activated on reboot?.

Another thing to maybe try is to reset the CMOS on the unit.

Well, according to TFM a 4.0 NAM is compatible with a 4.1 MICS. But 4.0 had many issues and an upgrade to 4.1 certainly wouldn't hurt. IMO this doesn't relate to the problem with channels not answering. Reloading the sekur file is a good suggestion. I'd keep looking through the Cinphony setup to try to hunt down this problem. Have you tried taking the Cinphony offline to see how the NAM reacts?

Brian Cox

In access2 did you check for detailed status of the channels, where they all assigned an extension, or did some say not in sync?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back