Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAL and Windows 2000 Restricted Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970

Hi all.

I am having a problem with Zenworks 3.2 and Windows 2000 Restricted User workstations. The NAL or NALEXPLD will not run on the workstations in this environment. Yes, if I log in as the administrator of the workstations, the NAL runs fine.

Can someone point me to what I have to do to allow NAL to run for Windows 2000 Restricted Users? What files or folders of the workstation is NAL exactly trying to access when it runs? Giving Admin rights to the workstations is the LAST option I would be willing to implement.

Thanks.
ZS.

Make sure nalntsrv service is running. We've seen lots of problems if it isn't installed/running correctly.

Are you running NAL? or Nalwin32? If you are running NAL, it will try to update files in c:\windows\system32 using the users credentials. If the end user is not a member of power users or administrators, they will lose out and the system will crash. Your best bet is to snapshot the files, nalwin32, nalntsrv etc. and deploy these as a force run then they will not need to update files.

Good luck.

Zen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back