Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

naimserv2.exe take full control of cpu server

Status
Not open for further replies.

y3by

Programmer
Jan 15, 2002
PT
hi ppl,

today and yestarday by the same hour, my w2k domain server crashed because naimserv2.exe take full control of the cpu 98% to 100%
i do not know what may caused this... if anyone can point me a way to find the problem i'll be :))
i cheked for any update task programed at this hour...
for any thing diferent and i get nothing...
the event viewer = nothing...

rigth now i check the process of naimserv and it almoust isn't using the cpu...

help me trying to avoid restart the pc tomorow...

Modify the ePO server settings (i.e. change the ASCI intervals to something higher). It may be running high becasue a lot of agents are communicating at the same time. Also, try creating tasks that have random execution windows to it (like within 30 minutes). This helps as well.

HTH,
AVChap
... take my advice, I don't use it anyway!

yap AVChap

i also found that tip you gave me in nai suport, but thanks any way.
rigth now the server is doing well comunications between agents are 120 240 and task for instalation have 1 hour randomization...

thks you all

Do you have a scheduled scan task that runs during that time? I remember when I scheduled a task on my EPO server for 12:00 AM each day and the CPU just spiked to a 100%. Did not know at first what was causing it till I realized I had a scheduled scan.

BM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back