Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

naimas32.exe The instruction 0x5f40fab0 referenced memory at 0x0000009

Status
Not open for further replies.

valicon

MIS
Sep 26, 2000
US
I get the following error when XP Boots right before the logon screen appears:

The instruction 0x5f40fab0 referenced memory at 0x00000090. The memory could not be written

When I press ok the error messages goes away and I can logon with no problem. Anyone know what this error is? Any help will be great, thanks.

Info about "naimas32.exe": "Workstation background programs for Network Associates’ McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator. McAfee’s ePolicy Orchestrator is a network management tool for enforcing antivirus protection of the workstations using system policies. It works with both McAfee and Norton AntiVirus. NAIMAG32 and NAIMAS32 communicate with the ePolicy Orchestrator processes on the network fileserver to check for virus updates or for the need to perform a virus scan. Essential for the antivirus protection of your networked PC. If you experience problems which you can trace back to either of these two background tasks, then contact your network administrator. For the record we have seen many reports about NAIMAS32 terminating unexpectedly on Windows 9x/ME, or terminating with "unexpected errors" under Windows NT4/2000. It has also been responsible for generating "Invalid Page Faults", although the latest ePolicy Orchestrator fixes correct most of these page fault problems."
(Source: For the latest ePolicy Orchestrator visit:
Check from "msconfig" the "Startup" for "naimas32.exe" and disable it.

"ANTE GEIA"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back