Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAI Don't scan editing files on the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbernardo

MIS
Jan 22, 2004
BR
Hi All,

I got NetShield on a file server. It is set to scan Inbound and Outbound files, that seems to be right, but It assumes that inbound are files copied to the server and outbound copied from the server. Here is my question: What about the files already on the server which are edited from the network?
The reason I ask this is because, this is the way most virus work and NAI will only detect the virus the next time somebody tries to open the file. That is no good.
Does anybody has any idea on what to do about this?

Thanks,

VBernardo

What you need to do is install VirusScan Enterprise 7.1 on this machine. It replaces Netshield and scans when reading from and when writing to the disk ... which would including modifying a file.

Thanks mattmsudawg, but there are some bugetary problems that prevent me from upgrade the system. I really would like that the software I have works properly. But thanks anyway....

Rgds,

VBernardo

another option is to enable scanning network drives, that would solve the issue

thanks Sephir0th, but I didn't work. Anyway, how is It suppose to help scan the network drives? Is It a system bug?

Regards,

VBernardo

I have my servers set to scan "all" inbound files only. I also have a scan task configured to scan "all" files on the server once a night during off hours.

If you scan all the files coming to the server and then scan the server drives each night after the dat update, you are covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back