Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mysterious Disappearances...

Status
Not open for further replies.

originalxavier

Programmer
Mar 5, 2003
US
Hello all... I am running into a problem with an access report that I have. There is an ActiveX control on this report that shows a user's signature along with their data. Now, if I try to publish this report to word, I lose all of the formatting as well as this "signature". So the best solution would be to "print" it into Adobe PDF.

Here is the dilemma, when I print to adobe, the signature gets lost (keep in mind that the signature is NOT an image/bmp/jpg or anything like that). HOWEVER, there is ANOTHER database that is slightly different and when you print to Adobe, everything comes out fine. I have checked ALL of the properties. The activex controls, the form properties, the VBA... EVERYTHING. This very same thing happens on all of the machines I use. The one I DON'T need to save the signatures will save it, while the one I do need, will not.

I am at my wit's end. Where is the inconsistency? It has to be something in Access, but I have run out of places to look. I need suggestions because hopefully I forgot about checking something.

Thanks everyone

Xavier

----------------------------------------
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far the Universe is winning"
Rick Cook

Save it as a .snp (snaphot) file. It retains all the formatting. And everyone should have the snapshot viewer already on their machine.

I am aware of this, however some ppl do not have the snapshot viewer. I am able to convert to PDF from the snapshot, however, since I am writing this for others to use, I do not want them to have to go through the extra steps. More potential for mistakes...

Xavier

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far the Universe is winning"
Rick Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back