Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MySQL socket error in DataStage

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlarson

Programmer
Nov 15, 2002
US
I'm trying to do an import from an ODBC source. Instead of retreiving the list of tables it returns the error "Can't connection to local MySQL". From all of the documentation that I've found - if the port is defined the sockets setting is ignored. Any suggestions where to go from here?

-Using DataStage version 7 on Sun Solaris to connect to a remote MySQL db on a Windows 2000 server.

-There is not a local instance of MySQL on the Sun box.

ERROR:
DSR.MetaGeta(GET.TABLES)(SQLConnect('Source_Mysql','root')): BCI Error:
SQLSTATE=08S01,CODE=2002,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

ODBC CONFIGURATION:
[Source_Mysql]
Driver=/usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so
Description=MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver DSN
SERVER=172.30.30.161
PORT=3306
USER=root
Password=xyzw
Database=report_source
OPTION=35

1. Can you connect to the DB outside of DS using the DS user ID and from the DS executable's directory? Also, check the port (using netstat) to make sure it is free.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

I'm able to connect to the database with other tools (nothing available from the sun box). And my unix admin says the port is open and available for use.

Contact Ascential support w/ this information. Could be an issue with the DataDirect ODBC client supplied w/ DataStage.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back