Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MySQL install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

techhead100k

Technical User
Mar 18, 2003
US
I installed MySQL to the c:\mysql and included the c:\mysql\bin directory. Something went wrong with the password at one point as I was getting started. I deleted the mysql directory and tried to reinstall, but it would not. Then I used windows to go back to a date prior to when I deleted the directory. Since that time, I don't know what exactly happened because I focused on get phpmyadmin going to run mysql from a web site. However, I would like to have mysql on my local system so I can play with it. My current problem is:

A new download of mysql will not install; it delivers a message that says the directory (c:\workdirectory\....mysql_dwnloads\...(i am keeping it short here) from where the install program is and then it says "perameter is incorrect"

so basically, it will not install.

When I try to install from the setup.exe file that is in the c:\mysql directory, it runs through a brief install shield and then stops and now my bin directory is gone.

How can I clean up this mess and start over from the beginning or how can I get a grip on this situation.

Thank you, any help is very much appreciated.

Charlie

OK, I got it to work. I was unzipping the files incorrectly.

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back