Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mysql Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

bam720

Technical User
Sep 29, 2005
US
Mysql provider initialization failed when trying to test my MySQL Data connection under Data explorer. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

What version of Delphi are you using?

When you say "Data explorer", do you mean the "Database Explorer" that is accessible from within Delphi's menu system?

Have you already created an ODBC connection using the "Data Sources (ODBC)" administrator found in the "Administrative Tools" section of the Windows Control Panel?

I have an ODBC connection to a remote MySQL Server setup in the Data Sources administrator and, on opening Delphi's Database Explorer, it is automatically picked up and displayed under the Databases section of the tree-view.

Clive
Runner_1Revised.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." (Paul Ehrlich)
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

I am running Delphi 2006.

In 2006 I think its just called Data Explorer, but its the same idea as Database Explorer.

I tried just modifying the exsiting settings on the MYSQL connection.

I see the tables entry under a tree view so thats why I think we are talking about the same thing. Mine won't show my remote info though becuase of the above error I mentioned.

Have you actually set up an ODBC connection using Windows (as I mentioned above) because there's a "Test" button on the configuration dialog which allows you to test the remote connection?

Have you installed the MySQL ODBC Driver? If not, you can download it from the following page:

Clive
Runner_1Revised.gif

"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." (Paul Ehrlich)
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

Have you consider to use a direct connection to MySQL server using drivers other than ODBC? Direct connection is (always) better than ODBC.

The price tag for Delphi 7 Enterprise and non-Enterprise differs so much, because the former includes SQLLink to connect to MSSQLServer, while the latter can only connect to MSSQL Server using ODBC.

Try MySQL components from crlab or microolap.

--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back