Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mysql and postfix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midiean

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2001
US
I am working on setting up a postfix email server with Currier IMAP and Mysql with a squirl mail front end. I am currently having difficulties with the mysql end of the process.

I am installing using the source, not the rpm package since i want to get a feel for how to do this way, and I have been unsuccessful at running:

./mysql start

the error i get is

Can't connet to local MySQL server through socke '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)

Also, according to the install readme, I need the client access libraries. I have been out to mysql's website and I have been unable to locate these files. I have found a tag that will setup only the client access files,

--without-server

but i'm not sure if this will not allow me to setup both the libraries and the server with an additional tag.

Thanks for the help

You should probably take this to the mysql forum since it really has nothing to do with postfix.

Mideian,
You need to chown the /var/lib/mysql dir:
chown mysql:mysql /var/lib/mysql
then start mysqld
-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back