Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MySQL & ASP Help!!!! Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvonnee

Programmer
Dec 5, 2001
GB
Hi

I am new to MySQL and on reading my first book on MySQL I have noticed that it goes on about using MySQL with PHP or Perl, however, I have already put together some ASP pages, can you use ASP with MySQL, is this possible? I can't see any reason why not but just wanted to check it out with all you experts out there. Any useful advice would be appreciated. Cheers

Yvonne

I don't see why you can't. But just in case I'm wrong, you could always download an asp2php converter. :eek:)

You can use mySql with ASP. There are ODBC drivers and such that will connect up to the mysql database. I am currently using JSP pages, and everything works just fine with ODBC (JDBC).

Using a windows NT machine running IIS can I connect to a MySQL database on linux and do what I would normally with MS SQL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back