Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My win2kPro totally screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonun

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2001
US
This is just terrible. This has just started happening. Whomever I log as (admin/local user/domain user), everytime I log in and try to start any application. I get this message,
"createcd.exe (or when I try to open explorer iexplore.exe !!) has generated an error and will closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being generated". I also get this funny monotonous noise from the comp creak-creak-creak-creak-click-click which goes on forever until I alt-ctrl-del and open the task manager and kill the application. When I then try to open a new application, I go through the same steps to come back to squre one. Now these machines came preinstalled with win2k and office2k and hence I do not have the OS installation CDs either. The machines I am talking about are IBM's with P4.
what do I do ??
Thanks.

Do you happen to have Easy CD Creator installed, if so what version?

The version is 4.02.
But I have just one clarification before that.
Is it a prblem only becuase of Adaptec Cd creator ???
I mean even when I launch explorer I get the same error but instead of createcd.exe itsays iexplore.exe.
Thanks.

You should try removing Easy CD Creator and see if your other problems go away. If so, look for an updated version of the software on their web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back