Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My video card is slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmdave

MIS
Dec 27, 2002
CA
I have a Nvidia 64 pro tnt2 32 meg, I went to pcworlds, they have a computer pitstop that checks the performance of your computer online, everything is ok except the video,
I have pentium111 886mz 256 mem,When I play some games the video is choppy very choppy and slooow, (Americas Army), that is why i wnt to pcworlds, they said it running at 47 percent of what should be running at acording to other computers with specs and video card that i have, please help

If the service you went to is anything like the 47% is how your video is as compared to everyone else - you're right in the middle. This is a pretty mundane video card by todays standards, an upgraded card would bring up your percentile.

Yeh! I would agree, the TNT chipset is very dated now, if it manages to launch anything new it will be very choppy, just a very slow card by todays standards M8.
Time to upgrade.
GF2 MX400 absolute minimum but GF3 or above recomended
Radeon 7200 " " but 7500 or above recommended

Sweet spot price/performance Radeon 9000 or
Geforce 4 4200Ti.
Martin Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

It is a dated card, it should allow you to play a moderatly decent game of Medal of Honor but that is about it for fairly recent 3d games. Americas Army and BF 1942 are both hogs and even with a Geforce 2 MX400, 64md SDRAM card they only ran OK with all grafix turned down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back