Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Verify is creating a Failed Job Status 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

escharfe

MIS
Mar 9, 2001
US
The log file says there is an inconsistency in the tape which fails the job. I already have changed the tape in question, initialized it and also did an inventory; yet the error still occurs. Any suggestions?

i have the same problem, i have a nt4svr, be 7.3, it fails on verify every time, but i can do a full restore from tape with no problems,,,, i've spent weeks on it, there is a knowledge base, but i can't find my solution (unexpected end of backup set encountered on (my tape drive). don't know...

Have you printed the log out. It should give a hint as to where to look.

I have encountered a similar problem where a backup ran fine until either the verify or past a certain amount of data (different data backed up each time). It would then fail. The problem was down to the backup unit being incompatable with the server. Since changing, I have had no problems. Have you checked that your unit is compatable?

Backup Exec Failure message is do to a couple of things. The number one reason you get this message is, open files or print ques. The other is a dirty tape. Like stated above i have had to restore from a failure tape and it worked fine. But the main reason is open files. You may think all files are closed but that may not be the case. I have the backup with open file option installed on my servers. since doing this I have not gotten that message in about 1 year.

FAChester: yes, all my hardware is compatible according to all included. interestingly though, it fails at the beginning of a 'backup set' usually #2...(on media #1 - i only need one tape).
dvannoy: yeah, i use the ofo. its one of our main hosting servers, so its always got open files. i bought all new tapes and cleaning tapes, and the drive is only a year old.

i had major problems on our exchange server. found out you can help the 'consistancy' by using a useutil.exe with some command line switches like /r.... IT WORKS... if you have problems, RESEARCH and then use it, i brought down our email for 2 days, but after a 250.00 call to MS i've had nothing but sucess on that server. thanx for the help. wardp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back