Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My users have to choose between local or roaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phrisbee

MIS
Jan 15, 2002
NL
When my user log in at their computers, they get the question if they want to use their local profile or if the roaming profile should be downloaded.
they should use their roaming profile, but i don't want that stupid question.
I tried several things, like setting the logon time higher, so the computer has a longer time to download the roaming profile. no succes B-(
Does someone know a solution ??

Usually, when I see this message, it says something like "Your local profile is newer than your domain profile". You should verify that the profile stored on the domain controller is being updated. Also, check the replication settings between your PDC and BDCs. Finally, you can delete the local profile from their local computers (as long as not logged in under that profile).

If you determine that the profiles are being updated and replicated properly on the servers, but the users are still having this problem, consider deleting the local profiles in a batch file, maybe during startup.

Had this same problem. It was very simple to fix. When I typed the profile path in the users account profile, I made a typo. I put an extra space in the profile path. You might want to check to see if you misspelled something or have an extra space or something is just not perfect in the path. It has to be perfect for it to work.

It could be that the profile is not updating when the user logs off. Check that the server that stores the profiles has the correct access permissions. Read-only is not enough.

I hope this helps

Yep agree with all those above. The other reason that this message appears is if users don't log off correctly and turnoff the computer before the writeback of their profile is completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back