Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My traxdata 8x4x32 cd r/rw says its copying but its not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred11

Technical User
Jul 18, 2003
GB
My traxdata 8x4x32 cd rw displays its red copying light but no data is actually copied. Also my nero 5.5 software says it has copied, but red light does not show. Also my traxdata writer is not shown in the choose a copier window.

If I copy using windows media player it copys ( ie displays a red light) but then displays error "Will not fit" in yellow type.

I've tried using other copying "trial" burning software which also tells me I've copied, but no data is recorded.Red light showes.

I've tried different media without any luck. Also same problem with audio and data. Can't copy direct from cd or from hardisc. Have tried reloading nero.

Writer set up as slave to secondary cd drive already installed in pc. I use windows xp home ed.

As a guess, your software trial expired. Many will only emulate a copy when the trial period is done.

Thanks, but why can't I write when using nero (non trial) or windows media player. What does "will not fit" mean?

Device manager recognises the trax writer. Does this recognition along with the working "red writing light" mean that I have installed the drive correctly. My worry is that I have not done so or that have a dodgy drive.

I have tried using "burned discs" in other computer drives and they are not recognised.

will not fit means the data or track is too big for the cd you want to burn it onto

fred11

There is maybe a problem with the burner.
It seems to be a old model, did u ever cleaned the lens in the CDRW drive ? There could be dust on the lens.
For userfriendly cleaning are some CD Rom cleaning sets with a cdrom which has a burst on the disk and a cleaning "water". I personaly prefer to open the drive, to take something really soft and use the "water" from the set.
Try to clean the CDRW Drive

Or it could be broken. For how long do u have it ?

bye
Venti

Are you sure that the disc is being CLOSED(Finalized)???
In your advanced settings you have options such as DAO(Disc at once) TAO(track at once)etc. There are sub options under tha TAO setting giving you the option of closing or not closing the CD or the session. If one of the options for NOT CLOSING the session or CD is sellected you will get the message the the CD recorded successfully, but it will not play.Take one of you bad CD's,put in,open your burning software, and see if you can finalize(CLOSE) the CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back