Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Tabs vanish from the top of my tab control

Status
Not open for further replies.

mincefish

Programmer
Sep 27, 2001
GB
I've got a 2 page tab control in an Access97 form, and all the controls are unbound, which I have created today. Earlier, I could see those tabs when I went to view the form, but now (and I'm not sure what knock-on effect has happenned here) no matter how far down the detail of the form I move the tab control, I still can't see the tabs.

Even if I put a command button, or a label between the 'Detail' bar, and the tab control, it still shows the contents of the opening tab, and not the tabs, or the command button above.

Its a bind, and I can remember getting this before, and I solved it, but I can't for the life of me remember what I did....I'm sure there is something in the properties to fix this, but everything I've tried has had no effect.

Any help will be very gratefully received, as I am baffled!!

Thanks

The Mincefish. :)

--Black holes are where God divided by zero

I suspect that you have inadvertantly set your Tab controls' Style property to None.

Try resetting it to Tabs.

Rod

Its not, unfortunately, that simple! If the style was set to 'None', then I wouldn't be able to see the tabs in design view. I can see them in design view, just not when I actually run the form.....

Hmmmm.......Help!!

The Mincefish ;-)

By way of extra information, I have found that if I tab through all the controls on the form, when the form is running, I eventually get to the tabs on the tab control. When I reach those, the tab control seems to move down the form, and the tabs become visible.....

The Mincefish ;-)

Is it something a simple the tabs being masked by something else? Have you tried using the format and bringing it to the front? Sandy

I had a similar problem that was solved for me by someone here in this forum. The disappearing tabs had to do with resolution. I designed the form on a PC with a higher resolution that that of the PCs of some of my users. Those with lower resolution couldn't see the tabs. Don't know if this is a possibility in your case, but thought I'd throw it into the disappearing tabs discussion...

You might want to check to see if your form needs to be resized. If a form is sized too small for the entire tab control it will cut off parts of it...this often means the tabs disappearing.

K. Pereira
[ponytails2]

Indcedentally, if you are someone searching for a solution to the same problem, I did solve this....and its upsettingly easy.

If you open the form, then goto:

Window > Size To Fit Form

This should make the tabs visible.

Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back