Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My simple tweening does not work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliaziz

Programmer
Feb 4, 2003
MY
I am a newbie and I thought tweening in Director is a simple task going by the instructions I read in a book. But was I wrong. I am trying to make an image moves from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen. The sprite covers 10 frames and I inserted keyframes on every frame from 1 to 10 but the image moves 1 step down and stop. I have tried both the on stage and score methods of inserting keyframes and have set the sprite preferences. What else do I have to do to get it moving? Please help and thanks.

u must set image to graphic (f8) and dont forget to set Motion tween. u dont need that much keyframes. only 2 for the begining and the end of the animation

I know this is an old post but the first reply is in reference to FLASH and not to DIRECTOR. All you need to do when creating a simple animation in director like that is to set the image where you want it to start, click on the last frame in the sprite and then go back to the image and drag it to where you want it to end on the final frame - its as simple as that. and you do only need the two keyframes - one to start and one to finish.

Greg Hudy
Multimedia Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back