Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My second attempt at a site Please Review 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance1234

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2001
US
man ,
keyboard really weird at the moment, but anyway here is my second attempt at building my site any feedback comments really appreciated

heres the URL

Chance

Too wide. I had to scroll horizontally to look at it.

I didn't much like the linear nature of the main navigation bar either -- from any page I would prefer to be able to jump where I want to in the side, rather than having to go back to the main page.

Graphics looked nice and seemed to be compressed enough in file size.

You can try having the entire site in a big table and then having two smaller tables inside that one, one smaller table can be the links and the second one can the content area...
I would try adding a background image, so the page looks more alive...As for the links, try putting a Javascript style menu that will expand and de-expand when clicked, this way all the links are present at all times...
As for the guestbook part, have the buttons on the tops so that the user can easily find it and sign it...I had to scroll down to look for it, this might be a problem when you have 100's of users signing the guestbook... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

had to admit the site was designed for 1024 X 768 resolution, re notes re navigation was it hard to move around the site ?

also more importantly do you get what film it is im making ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back