Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Screen Turned Black on Black!!! AT WORK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

akki007

Programmer
May 22, 2003
GB
Please please help. How can I get the original theme back? I cant boot in safe mode. Is there a command prompt to set the theme back to normal?

HELP ME NOT GET FIRED

Can you be more specific about the symptoms?

I'll try hard to help you.

I have managed to fix it. What had happened was...

I installed a new theme from the internet (bad idea) and I didnt like it. When I switched back to the windows classic theme, some nasty bit of code changed all my text,backgrounds, menus,start menu etc etc black! All i could see were icons. To fix it, i did this...

1.right click
2.press up arrow once
3.press enter
4.click around the area of the fourth tab (appearance)(guessing as you cant see anything at all!)
5.when the first tab is activated, press tab once to highlight the colour scheme selector
6.press down to choose a colour scheme
7. press tab 6 times to highlight apply and press enter
8. PHEW!

Whoever coded that little thing needs shooting as it just isnt funny.

Not really, no! I should know better really.

The best part is, the PC is brand new, a day old! we live and learn...

Hi,
I have found that many ( if not most ) of the Themes offered for 'free' on the internet ( and not from established companies) either are bad news like the one you found or are trojans that contain hidden code to send info to some tracking site or to add popup ads to your system.

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back