Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

my properties and my classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koen Piller

Programmer
Jun 30, 2005
NL
Hi,
I know it is possible but forgot how to do it.
1) I would like to create a new property for which you can only set a .T. or .F. like e.g. the native properties Enabled.
As far as I can remember one should give some script code on creating the property, the question is: how to do it?
2) I would like to give my class a by my defined icon and not the default icon. So if I create a class myCheckbox which is a container containing a checkbox, a line and a textbox plus some code. The class, saved into myClassLib will show a container as icon, I would like to change that to a by me selected image file. I know it can be done, but how?
Stay healty,
Koen

Chriss,
This sounds very good, unfortunately I don't know how to continue/finish after I have selected the Property lPropertyValueEditors. Any hint where I can find some more explication about this topic, using Custom Properties.
Stay healthy,
Koen

Koen,

as you said you know it's possible I thought mentioning foxcode would help you remember.

Well, take a look into th help topic about membrdata extensibility.
Quote:
you now have the ability to extend the functionality of class properties, methods, and events, allowing you to create design-time enhancements such as the following:

Specify a custom property editor.

Chriss

Being able to specify a custom property editor is exactly what you want.

Chriss

Chriss,
I want to specify, for a Logical Property that a dropdown will open with .T. and .F. just like a native Logical Property as shown in my Image. I know this is doable with some procedure, but I do not know how to write and activate that procedure.
Trust I have made myself clear this time, if not, please ask again.
Stay healthy,
Kown

You're totally clear, and what you want is called the property value editor. You've been guided to a solution and reject it.
If you remember something totally different, simpler, you'll need to walk down your memories, but I don't know any other way to change the property value editor.

Chriss

Chriss,
It seems we misunderstand each other. I do not recall I was guided to a solution which I reject, would you please be so kind as to point me to that message?
Stay healthy,
Koen

My message from 10:03 yesterday. With the link to the help. I even quoted the topic so you see it contains a starting point about how to establish a property value Editor (in your case that would be a combobox with the two items .T. and .F.) and after I posted that you thought and still think I misunderstand you. You have to understand that this (a property value editor) is exactly what you want to do.

You want to simply use the native property editor for logical properties, but I think you can't. Therefore I said you'll need dig deeper into what you can't remember.

So never mind, I can't help you to find what you remember, so it doesn't resonate with you to create your own custom property value - what you remember was simpler. Then I guess it was part of a tool or Thor or anything I don't know. But this is what you need. The native property value editor of a logical property is - as said - a combo with the two alternative boolean values, But this is NOT in foxcode.dbf and you can't reuse that, so you need to redo it. It's not that hard to do a combo with two hard coded items (values), though, is it?

Chriss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back