Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My problem is similar to thread749-

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruisinn1956

Technical User
Apr 17, 2003
US
My problem is similar to thread749-471851 in which the person is playing games and they shut off and return to desktop without warning or errors. This happens on several games for ex: tetris 4000, Nascar 2002, Black thorn. I am running win 98 SE on a 1800+ AMD Athlon with 0ver 300mgs of ram. plenty of room on my hardrive,and using a soundblaster live sound card with a nvidia Vanta/Vanta LT video card. I also have an extra cooling fan but there is no fan on my video card. Could someone please help me in fixing this problem. It didn't always do this. Just started in past couple weeks.
Thx
Cruisinn1956

I have some of the same problems so I would be real anxious to hear the results.

what mainboard ?
got the latest drivers for your chipset ?

I have a gigabyte motherboard and have updated everything.

maybe you're pressing that annoying windows key?

I think it may be a RAM problem. I'm not sure about it, though. try borrowing RAM from a friend, switcheroo them for a week or so, and see what happens. try putting the RAM in different places. RAM is the best excuse I can think of. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back