Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My primary scratch and primary paging file are on the same volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSpagna

Technical User
Jan 20, 2002
US
I recently installed PS 6.0 on my home computer. After sucessfully installing PS I started it up and got this message:

Photoshop's primary scratch and windows' primary paging file are on the same volume. Set your primary scratch volume to be on a different volume preferably on a different physical drive.

I then checked where my scratch is located, it said 'start up'?

Does anybody know anything about this? I'm so confused!

To set the Scratch Disk preference:
1. Choose Edit > Preferences > Plug-Ins & Scratch Disks
2. Choose the drive that has the most free space from the First pop-up menu.
3. Choose a second drive, if available, from the Second menu-selection.
5. Click OK.
6. Restart Photoshop.

Photoshop by defualt assumes you have only one hard disk, so Photoshop stores its temporary virtual memory documents - called scratch files - on the very same disk that contains your systems software, the more space the partition or drive has the better..

Tried this solution, I don't get tthe message anymore but it now takes 75 seconds to load photoshop

What spec is your machine...? PS6 seems to want loads of RAM and processor power to run efficiently. funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back