Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

my pictures 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrythetrain

Technical User
Oct 13, 2002
GB
all the pictures in the my pictures file keep getting duplicated and when i try to delete the coppies they just get duplicated over and over again until i have hundreds of coppies of them in the my pictures file and i cant get rid of them.

Not sure if this is your problem, but when I'm very busy and not concentrating, I sometimes leave my finger too lone on the ctrl switch whilst dragging a file, this causes the files to be copied.

Have you tried navigating to your directory and using the menu system. edit, select all - edit delete (obviously this will only work if you wish to delete all files in directory.

failing that open a command window, navigate to correct directory and use del command.

del *.* /p will delete all with confirmation so you can say no to files you wish to keep (long winded if you have huge numbers of copied files. Anyway del copy*.* should remove all copied files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back