Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My pentium 2 is making a rumbling noise help! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arturoa

Instructor
Mar 7, 2003
US
Just today my computer started making this noise it was very loud.I opened the case it seems its the Pentium 2.Does any one have a clue whats wrong with it?
If you do please help me!!!

CPU fan bearings dry or collapsed, you will need to just touch the centre of the fan and if the noise disapears it needs replacing.
Could be other things, PSU or case fan, CDrom disk in drive, a wire or something catching a fan .
Martin Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

Before replacing the fan try putting some sewing machine oil. Remove the sticker on the fan and normaly there is a place to put oil there.

Well..... Owning and operating a computer repair facility, I have found with fans, that if you soak them in rubbing alcohol for a while, let them dry out, then oil them, you can save a lot of fans.

Oh! for gods sake buy a new fan .... why risk your cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back