Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Network printers on the client side keep uninstalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyEyesAreBurning

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2006
US
My users are complaining that there printers are uninstalling themselves, I have to map to my server and right click and say connect to get them back printing again.
anyone run in to something like that?
Thanks,
MEAB

Can you provide more information.

How are the printers added are they installed at logon via a script?

Do all users see this issue at the same time or at random?

When you say dissapear do you mean gone from the printers folder or just unavailable?

Thanks.

actually, I think that I foiund the problem. turns out the the Drivers on the server side were installing themselves multiple time a day, like 20 times a day. The client printers werent actually un installed, for instance, if you maped to the server and just reconnected the printer it would work but I would hae to do this everyday. So At this point I think that the drivers are all wacked out. I am rolling back the driver, which is a pain in the butt because I knwo hae to go back to every client and uninstall the old printer and reinstall the new older ver of PCL5e driver. I think that this will work. we will see.
thanks,
MEAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back