Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My laptop didn't boot up....Need help!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anh

Technical User
Sep 3, 2000
CA
Hi everybody.
After I installed the modem card for my old laptop and I got the error about "Protection error". Then my laptop didn't boot up as normal, I don't know whether it could be system crashed. I am using windows 95, and I can not access to the CD rom drive to re-install the windows 95 which is on the CD. I don't remember how to enter a line in the config.sys and autoexec.bat to let the Cd rom boot up. Does anyone know the line we have to enter to make the Cd drive active? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
I don't have a start-up disk to run it. I tried in Safemode but the CDRom is not in there. Need help because I need my laptop running back to do my assignment. Thanks.

Anh
Junior

When Windows start in Safe-Mode (Protection-Mode), go too the control panel, system, and then choose the PCMCIA-socket or the PC-CARD sockets too install your modem correctly or look if the driver has found your modem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back