Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My LAN Connection icon not appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

simdan42

Programmer
Jul 17, 2002
US
If I right click on My Network Places and click properties the network connection folder appears. However not one of my three LAN Connections appear in this window. I am able to access the internet, our corporate network, and sent and recieve email.

Does anyone know if there is a setting somewhere in the OS to hide these Icon, or anything else that may hide them? Please Help!!!

Right click the Start button > Properties > Taskbar Tab > Notification Area: Customize > Highlight your network connection icons and choose "Always show"

HTH,

Patrick

There are no network connections in the list upon which to click.

A stab at the obvious...

Right click "My Network Places" > Properties... right click the LAN Connection > Properties... on the bottom there is a box for "Show icon in notification area when connected". Is that unchecked?

There are no LAN connections on which to click. None of them show up on that screen. That is the issue I need to resolve.

Ack, sorry - I must have totally misread your initial question.

Just for fun, try to create a new network connection using the wizard - are any options greyed out?

It will only let me create a Dail up or Vpn connection. But it does show up after it is created the other are still AWOL

Tried everything in those document and re installed SP1, still having issue.

Is the Remote Access Connection Manager Service running? It should show as 'Started' and set to 'Manual' starup. You can find this at Start, Run, services.msc

Just FYI I fixed it. It was the permissions set on the registry keys for those LAN connecion objects. The local admin did not have any right to those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back