Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Ip Address is Blacklisted, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanropp

IS-IT--Management
Jun 27, 2001
US
Ok, i have 30 workstations and 3 servers. One of the servers is running exchange 2003, svc pack 2. I have been blacklisted for 1 week now and can't seem to resolve. I have been to every workstation and cleaned it up with mcaffe, microsoft antispyware and scanned using the microsoft mailicous software tool. I have updated all pc's with the latest patches as well. My pc's are mixed with 2000 and xp. For some reason, the pbsl is still showing evidence of spam coming from my ip address...I'm not sure what else to do here to stop this from happening. CAn anyone help me out here??

Thanks

Check your firewall logs? They should be able to tell you where the massive amounts of traffic are coming from. Additionally, you can always block the port/port range that is being used for spamming, at least until you get the problem resolved.

I checked the logs and couldn't really find the issue. How can i tell the port range being used?? Isn't it 25?

I'm a Domino person and haven't fooled around with exchange in quite a few years but it sounds like someone maybe using you as a relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back