Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My InfoView in release 2 is greyed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

eo

MIS
Apr 3, 2003
Hi

We have a professional license for BOEXi_r2. In the previous version users could change their "My InfoView". THis is now greayed out. How do I activate it. And how do I alter "My InfoView" so that it applies to all users (I.e. lock it down at a user level)?

EO
Hertfordshire, England

Are you trying to set-up a DEFAULT MyInfoView screen that applies to all USERS - but that they are Unable to change...?

I don't think you can do this out-of-the-box. BOBJ would tell you to buy DASHBOARD MANAGER - and I think there are one or two 3rd party tools that can do this within InfoView.

Thanks, that was more the second part of the question - but I still cannot access even my own InfoView - even if I sign on as Administrator as the function is greeyed out. Any ideas?

EO
Hertfordshire, England

I don't think BOBJ has moved MyInfoView to PREMIUM-only, so you should at least be able to see it when logged-in as the Enterprise ADMINISTRATOR account.

Are you sure you have a PROFESSIONAL license key...?

Sounds like you might have a global preference set to not allow changes.

Go into the Central Management Console and log in under an Administrator account.

Click on 'Applications'.

Select 'InfoView'

Poke around the settings until you find something like 'Allow users to change InfoView settings'

Sorry for being vague...not sitting in front of the Business Objects console right now.

But try this and see where you get.

Hi

I could not find this, but herewith what I have done (it did NOT work btw):

Logged on to CMC as Administrator
Opened Business Objects Enterprise Applications
Opened InfoView

There are two tabs. I could not find anuything on the Properties tab. In the Rights tab - I found group rights, and here explicitly granted Edit this object for all groups. This did not do the trick. Am I in the incorrect place?

EO
Hertfordshire, England

EO,

On the 'Everyone' group, are the 'Net Access' rights (should be the last field displayed to the right) 'Advanced'? If so, click on the word 'Advanced' and it will take you to a screen named, appropriately enough, 'Advanced Rights'.

In this section, make sure that everything under the 'InfoView' section is 'Explicitly Granted'

This SHOULD do the trick.

Forgot to add to make sure the same setting is applied to the 'Administrator' group.

You probably don't want to set everything under the 'InfoView' section is 'Explicitly Granted' until you confirm what you want to be able to do to limit your users.

Yeah, good call. Just trying to give the most lenient rights first to see if it works then selectively deny what's not needed. But best practice does dictate I not set EVERYTHING to explicitly granted.

Hi

No luck, just to confirm what I have done:

In CMC > Users > Administrator > Rights > Everyone (Net Rights - Advanced) > Advanced Rights > Explicitly granted EVERY thing.

It did not work

I did the same for

In CMC > Users > Administrator > Rights > Everyone (Net Rights - Advanced) > Advanced Rights > Explicitly granted EVERY thing

It did not work...

:(

EO
Hertfordshire, England

Are you sure you have a PROFESSIONAL license key - and that MyInfoView is part of the PROFESSIONAL release...?

Maybe BOBJ limited it to PREMIUM in R2.

My Bad!!!!

[blush]

I should have mentioned that tyhis is BOBJ xi r2 we are trying to install on a test environment, until we are 100% sure we have all the angles covered, after which we will transfer our live Professional linecnce key to to said test environment. At the moment it simply works off 10 named user licences...

That is obviously the problem.

EO
Hertfordshire, England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back