Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

my forms automaticaly return to default settings, how can I stop this? 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phideaux

Technical User
May 1, 2003
US
my forms margins and paper selections return to the default settings at irregular intervals how can i stop this??

Posting with recently discovered information so that folks searching for a correction may be able to avoid this lengthy VBA solution. Note the key word is "may".

See Microsoft Knowledgebase article 240826:

Excerpt from that article:

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).

To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
245025 OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)

In the Page Setup dialog box, (on the File menu, click Page Setup) reset the values to the settings that you want.

To avoid this problem, disable Name AutoCorrect by following these steps:
On the Tools menu, click Options.
In the Options dialog box, click the General tab.
Click to clear the Perform name AutoCorrect check box.
Click OK.
Quit and then restart Access

HTH,
Bob
Thread181-473997 provides information regarding this site.

Hi Bob,

I've used the report orientation code and it works find during preview but when the user uses the printer icon to print off the report it reverts back to portrait orientation.

How can I make it print landscape when the user prints via the printer icon?

Cheers
Stable

Hi Stable,

I'm no longer a regular visitor here as my job duties have changed.

But, I believe the answer is you will have to eliminate the use of the print icon and use your own button on a form to trigger the report by way of the code. That way you keep control of the settings. That can probably be accomplished using custom menus. Do a search here if you're not familiar with that.

Good luck!
Bob

HTH,
Bob [morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back