Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My FORM don't won't work until Flash has stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

SciFiSi

Technical User
Dec 30, 2000
GB
Hello

I have a problem! I have a webpage with a .swf playing and a standard html form (username & password) on it.
The only thing is, the form won't submit until the .swf has reached the end.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Kind regards
Simon

Could you be more specific?

How are the html form and the swf related together?

BLended

Hi BLended
The html and Form are not related in any way. The flash has no interactivity, it just there to make things look good.

To give you a little more insight, I designed the web page and flash for a client, the page is just an entry portal to their database. so I just gave them the finished page with 2 text boxes and a submit button. and left the rest up to them.
Now they are back in touch saying the form does not submit until he flash gets to the end (which is a little odd because the movie never actually stops, as the last 600 frames are continuously repeated)
You can have a look at the page I created, but remember this is the version I gave them with the unbound text boxes and button, this version works (i.e. when you click submit you get an error, as there is no action set.) and it dosn't wait for the flash to finish to give you an error.

I haven't seen what they have done to the code now. but I can only assume the have altered the form method= etc..

If you have any ideas, I know its a little sketchy..

Thanks
Simon

Until you can get a look at what they did... Guess it's going to be hard to determine what they did. Could this be platform related? Have they reported this to be true with all plaforms & configurations?
mywink.gif
ldnewbie

Hi Oldnewbie

You might be right, I have had no indication that they have tested it on different platforms, monday morning I should be able to get more info.
They are also hosting the site on their own server and they have had a few teething problems.

As soon as I get mor ifo I will post it.

Thankyou for you help
Simon

Yeah, it seems to work fine for me with entering bunk and getting a "not allowed" reply (as I hit the "login" button or the ENTER button...equal response time). I suspect it's either platform or system issue...What kind of systems are they using? Is RAM an issue...Do they use Windows 3.x?

Blended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back