Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My fix to Premiere 6 DV export problem (Win2K) 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sclaws

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
US
For anyone interested, my resolve(after trying everything else I could possibly think of, and every tip online that I could dig-up) was to setup a 2nd Windows 2000 hardware profile for DV export only(right-click My Computer-->Properties-->Hardware-->Hardware Profiles. Make a copy of the current setting, rename it DV, reboot, select the new profile and make your changes in Device Manager).
Basically, in this hardware profile I disabled every hardware component that I didnt need for a DV export..it has been repeatedly successful. I hope this helps someone.
JimK

My system: Win2K SP2; Tbird 1.1Ghz; Asus A7V133 Bios 1005a; 768MB RAM; 27GB WD 5400RPM IDE; 40GB Maxtor 7200RPM IDE; Premiere 6.01; Panasonic PV-DV401 miniDV; WD IEEE1394 PCI; SB5.1 Platinum; 3COM 10/100 PCI NIC; Symbios SCSI PCI

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately it didn't make any difference on my system. Glad it worked for you though!

Ni Sclaws - Some time ago, I did exactly the same thing you did and developed a hardware profile with things disabled. Before that, Premiere and the Pinnacle Card worked but not all the time, and Pinnacle says their card must be in the first slot. I have my SBLive sound card in slot 1 of my workstation, so the Pinnacle troubles are caused by IRQ conflicts. Booting with my new hardware profile did not help IRQ's, but I did not have the guts to disable my SBLive sound card also, because Premiere probably needs it. I do have a soundcard in my motherboard, which could be enabled with F8 during boot but that sounds hairy. What do you think? Ed

If you're exporting to DV, the system(Premiere) should not need your sound card durning export since all data is sent digitally via firewire. I'd disable the SBLive and leave the motherboard card off, then try the export.

BTW, and update for my system..I had to do a Win2K reinstall this weekend :( ...but a result of this has been smooth DV output without my hardware profile for DV Export :) I can only assume there was a software conflict in there, but what it was is anyones guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back