Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My first thought was, ... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Westi,
I understand your point and totally agree with you. I don’t like myself the approach to life as ‘this is always someone else’s fault, I am never to be blamed for anything I do’. I just wanted to present the case (pun intended) of what really happened (or at least the way I remember it) and how it differs from popular believe.

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

Andrzejek
I see your point, I have heard a lot in talks to people that they take the facts and twist them and turn them until they fit their purpose. It seems to me that a big portion of this whole new culture of suing everybody is a new breed of lawyers that constantly advertise "Being hurt call me and get a free consultation because we may can squeeze money out of someone" :) I may be in the wrong business, nahhh not my cup of tea.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Westi said:
a new breed of lawyers that constantly advertise "Being hurt call me and get a free consultation because we may can squeeze money out of someone" smile I may be in the wrong business, nahhh not my cup of tea.

It's simple, really. Just perform a conscience-ectomy and you're good to go.

"Call 888-AMBULANCE-CHASERS"

-----------
With business clients like mine, you'd be better off herding cats.

I have just strained my eyes reading these posts so intend to sue the pants of everybody in this forum , so if you could all please leave your names addresses and bank account numbers , that would be dandy.[thanks2]

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

I am not giving up so easily, montyzummer. You made me feel sad (about your strained eyes) so I counter–sue you. See you in court.[poke]

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

I pulled a muscle laughing when I read this so I sue you both [thumbsup2]
in the end we will get a huge bill and the lawyers drive new BMW's

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

ha touche , but i am now highly distressed about your sadness ..... infinite loop pending !!!

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

I think a good case could be made that something, ANYTHING, in the hauls of montyzummer, might be found to implicate him doubly, shore even tripoli,

Those are pretty good puns, SkipVought, even by the lofty standards you've set for yourself. Have a star.

Chris,

I agree with you entirely. The title of the article, ('Quebec girl told to stop reading book by school bus driver') illustrates why passive voice is weak...In this case, it sounds as though books written by bus drivers are verboten. Why couldn't Kate McKenna, the "wannabe journalist, have simply entitled the article, "Bus driver tells Quebec girl to stop reading book"?

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
ôPeople may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

It's probably the usual "Writing what they think" without actually "Thinking what they write".

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back