Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My First Site - Your thoughts? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

woolade

Technical User
Nov 8, 2001
AU
Please have a look at my first site.

It is not a flashy site, nor is it meant to be. I have created it for some friends of mine for a small bed and breakfast they run in Glenelg, Soouth Australia.

Any criticism will be appreciated.

Woolade

Wow... Not bad... How long did u spent doing that site ??? Pretty good as it is neat and pretty well organized too...

Kelvin

Woolade,
Very nice site. A couple of notes:
1) Is laze a word in the English language? It well could be, but not one I have seen ever used before.
2) The links at the bottom in tiny dark blue are not legible. Maybe bigger would be better or some space between them and the blue border?
3) Your list of major events are not legible either.

All in all, I would say you have been a very busy webpage-writer. I hope they are paying you handsomely.
Yrs,
The Moonhare

I lost track of time as I did it as a learning experience with no cost to my friends. However I did go into weeks rather than days.

Laze is commonly used here in Australia, although you are probably correct that it is not part of the english language.

Thanks for your feedback.

Any more would be greatly appreciated.

Woolade

IE 5.5, NN 7.0
1024*
NT

very good job for your first site woolade
just a few things
-space out the textbox's in the form. not a big space but like 1px to not make it looked like a sandwhich of boxes. add some style to the boxes as well to get them to settle into the page better.
-I would convert your images to gif's. as is jpeg's load slow and seeing as they are small the conversion will not effect the quality or appearance.
-you have a huge black space at the bottom of the screen. try to minimize that.

The colors are perfect to me and the text is very well sized in all the pages. Very impressive being your first time. A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming is not worth knowing.
admin@onpntwebdesigns.com

IE6, W2k Server, RoadRunner Connection
Very nice. No major comments to add to the above other than an impressively tasteful use of the color yellow.
No significant load time beyond the momentary flick for the images, layout is nice, not to simple, but structured enough to easily find portions of the page your looking for.

-Tarwn --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
For my next trick I will pull a hat out of a rabbit (if you think thats bad you should see how the pigeon feels...) :p

Hi woolade,

IE5.5, 1024, ADSL

Quite nice use of colors as has been said.

I have to agree that the text in Facilities and Services boxes needs to be changed somewhat. Perhaps a <br> between each sentence so they don't look so 'run on'.

I agree with MoonHare that your links at the bottom need to be 'raised' some from your bottom border but the size doesn't seem a problem on my system.

HTH

Not bad at all. It's not really your first is it?

NT4 IE 5.0 Not bad
Nutscrape 4.06 messes up the background of course.

-pete

Nice page. The only thing that caught my eye was the words in the middle of the page. The words have multiple spaces in them. I have IE 6.0, maybe it has something to do with that.

Woolade,

Congratulations. For a first site this is impressive.

The biggest problem I have with the web site is the images on the right. Try using a smaller thumbnail so it loads much faster.

Once again good job. My first web site sucked compared to this. Gary Haran

Thanks to all for your comments. I have taken them on board and am now making a few refinements.

Cheers

Woolade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back