Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My first 4.0 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerp0w

Technical User
Jul 1, 2002
GB
I've done 3 MPS 3.0 installs single handedily but have a 4.0 install scheduled for the end of the month so I'm gathering reading materials and project planning. Only 50 users so 2 farm servers, 1 front-end running Web Interface and Secure Gateway as well as OWA.

Any pointers or guides you think might be useful?

Obviously, I've got the admin guides from Citrix.com.

Thanks

Good luck with this! I'm in the same boat and referenced the Admin Guides, but got the sense that, obviously, they assume a certain level of Citrix familiarity that I didn't have. I was lucky in that I was able to plead and beg with my boss to pay to have a consultant come in and spend a week with me setting up our PS4 environments (2 App servers and 1 Web). Lots of people referred me to the Admin Guides, but constant postings on specific questions to this group have been most helpful.

If you haven't been referred to bookmark that one for Discussion Groups as well. It's been very helpful too!

If you can handle 3.0 then 4.0 with the new WI and CSG shouldn't be too much trouble. I found a few little "gotchas" with the new Web Interface integration with the new Secure Gateway, but nothing too major.

I'm yet to actually get EMF printing to work in production.

The original Citrix Guru...

There are a couple of differences between the two but if you are comfortable with 3 then 4 is a shoe in. Just be ware of the handling or printers.

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Cool, I'll get back to you if any peculiarites (sp? lol) arise.

If windows 2003 put sp1 on BEFORE installing Citrix.

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back